Sustainable peace, harmony and prosperity of societies in the Balkan region.
To empower the civil society and influence European and national policies towards more enabling environment for civil society development in order to ensure sustainable and functioning democracies in the Balkans.
Our goals and objectives
- Increase the role of civil society by strengthening its voice in policy- and decision-making at national, regional and EU level;
- Promote the civil dialogue between the civil society actors, state institutions and the European Union in order to influence the public policies;
- Develope advocacy knowledge and skills among civil society actors as a base for greater impact; and
- Strengthen communication, coordination and cooperation between the civil society actors in the Balkan region.
- Respect of the universal human rights and of the rights of all citizens-men and women of all nationalities, religions and cultures;
- Development of a pluralistic and participative democracy;
- Socio-economic development and cultural prosperity;
- Social cohesion, integration and harmony;
- Care for the environment and for the sustainable development;
- Social justice and equality; and
- Respect for diversity and non-violence.
Code of Conduct
The BCSDN Code of Conduct is a set of principles and commitments on how we carry out our work and it sets out actions on how to improve our results. Applying these principles and commitments can help us hold us, our members and partners accountable to a shared standard. It also helps us explain to donors what they can expect when they support us in carrying out our initiatives. It establishes credibility for the network at all levels – with partners, the public, governments, and funders.