Balkan Civil Society Development Network is looking for a vibrant and creative individual to join our team in the Executive Office based in Skopje, Macedonia, in the capacity of a Communications Officer. The Communications Officer should have a strong interest and passion for civil society as well as knowledge and interest of regional civil society development issues.
They should also meet the following criteria:
- B.A. degree in social science, preferably in political science, journalism, communication or similar
- Proficiency in Macedonian and English language. Candidates proficient in Albanian language are encouraged to apply (knowledge of local languages, Turkish or Serbian – will also be considered an asset)
- Preferably previous experience in information-sharing activities in the civil society sector
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to communicate with people from different backgrounds
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in a team and individually
- Excellent working knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), social media management and WordPress website administration. (Further IT skills, web design and graphic design will be considered an advantage)
A detailed description of the position (in Macedonian language) is available here. The foreseen salary for this position is 500 EUR (net), dependent on qualifications and experience, with 3 months probationary period. While the role is undertaken primarily during office hours (08:30 – 16:30), (40 working hours in 5 working days), it will involve periods of out-of-hours working in order to meet deadlines. Some national and international travel may also be required for short periods.
If you have a passion for communication, are committed to the development of civil society in a free and open society and meet the requirements, apply until 10 February midnight (CET) by sending your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Information and Communication Officer” as subject.
*Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you haven’t heard from us within 2 weeks from the closing date please assume that your application was not successful.