Balkan Civil Society Development Network is looking for a vibrant and committed individual to join our team in the Executive Office based in Skopje, Macedonia, in the capacity of a Junior Researcher in the scope of our new role as regional secretariat of CPDE. The researcher should participate in executing specific research activities in relation to civil society development and the EU accession process and be responsible for supporting the research activities of the Policy and Advocacy Officer.
CPDE is an open platform that unites civil society voices from around the world on the issue of development effectiveness. In order to develop a strong basis for CSO participation, CPDE works with a strong focus to support country, sub-regional and regional, and sectoral civil society, combining this with the coordinated regional and global work on development effectiveness. BCSDN has a focal point for the newly created Balkan Sub-region within the CPDE since 2018.
The applicant should also meet the following criteria:
- M.A. degree in social science, preferably in political science, EU integration or (international non-profit) law
- Knowledge in EU integration, civil society development and development cooperation
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the civil society sector (or similar)
- Minimum 1 years of experience in research and policy work (in civil society or academia)
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with people from different backgrounds
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team and individually
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Computer skills and knowledge of running social media, presentation preparation
- Knowledge of local languages in addition to Macedonian (Albanian, Serbian/Croatian, Turkish etc.) is an asset.
A detailed description of the position is available here. The foreseen salary for this position is 600 EUR (net), dependent on qualifications and experience, with 3 months’ probationary period.
If you have a passion for research, are committed to the development of civil society in a free and open society and meet the requirements, apply until 20 September midnight (CET) by sending your CV and Cover Letter in English to email@example.com with “Application for Researcher” as subject.
*Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you haven’t heard from us within 2 weeks from the closing date, please assume that your application was not successful.