Balkan Civil Society Development Network is looking for a vibrant and creative individual to join our team in the Executive Office based in Skopje, North Macedonia, in the capacity of a Communications Officer.
The Communications Officer should have a strong interest and passion for civil society as well as knowledge and interest of regional civil society development issues.
They should also meet the following criteria:
- B.A. degree in social science, preferably in political science, journalism, communication, or similar. M.A in the relevant fields would be considered an asset
- Minimum 3 years experience in activities related to communications and public relations
- Minimum experience of 2 years in the civil society sector
- Analytical and strategic approach
- Proficiency in Macedonian and English language. Candidates proficient in Albanian language are encouraged to apply (knowledge of local languages, Turkish or Serbian – will also be considered an asset)
- Previous experience in information-sharing activities and project management in the civil society sector
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to communicate with people from different backgrounds
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work individually and in a team
- Excellent working knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), social media management and WordPress website administration. Further IT skills, web design, and graphic design will be considered an advantage.
A detailed description of the position is available in English and Macedonian language. The foreseen salary for this position is between 450-990 EUR (net), based on BCSDN’s salary scaling system and dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and experience, with 3 months probationary period.
The Communication officer is a full-time position (40 working hours in 5 working days), with occasional periods of out-of-hours working in order to meet deadlines.
Please note that this is an office posting, so the position is open to nationals or foreigners with regulated stay in North Macedonia.
If you have a passion for communication, are committed to the development of civil society in a free and open society and meet the requirements, apply until August 15th 23:59 (CET) by sending your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with “Application for Information and Communication Officer” as subject.
*Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you haven’t heard from us within 2 weeks from the closing date, please assume that your application was not successful.