Balkan Civil Society Development Network is looking for a new Policy and Advocacy Officer to join our team in the Executive Office based in Skopje, Macedonia. The senior position assumes monitoring, analyzing and preparing policy outputs/products on EU and civil society development issues.
The applicant should also meet the following criteria:
- M.A. degree in social science, preferably in political science, EU integration or (international) law
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the civil society sector
- Minimum 3 years of experience in research, policy and advocacy
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with people from different backgrounds
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team and individually
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Computer skills and knowledge of running social media, presentation preparation
- Driving license, knowledge of local languages (Albanian, Serbian/Croatian etc. ) is an asset
A detailed description of the position is available here.
This is a full-time position (40 working hours in 5 working days), with occasional periods of out-of-hours working in order to meet deadlines. The foreseen salary for this position is starting from 600 to 960 EUR (net), dependent on qualifications and relevant experience, with 3 months probationary period.
Please note that this is an office posting, so the position is open to nationals or foreigners with regulated stay in North Macedonia.
If you have a passion for research, are committed to the development of civil society in a free and open society and meet the requirements, apply until 24 November midnight (CET) by sending your CV and Cover Letter in English to email@example.com with “Application for Policy and Advocacy Officer” in the subject field.
*Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you haven’t heard from us within 2 weeks from the closing date, please assume that your application was not successful.